Antonella Valoroso - Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Italian Language and Literature from Yale University
M. Phil. in Italian Language and Literature from Yale University
M.A. in Italian Language and Literature from Yale University
M.A. in Humanities and New Technologies from the University of Naples Federico II
B.A. in Italian Literature with a specialization in Art, Music, Performance, and Mass Communication from the University of Naples Federico II
Teaching since 2000
Antonella’s research background includes topics in Italian theater and opera, autobiography and autobiographical literature, modern and contemporary Italian literature, intersections between literature, theater and visual arts, and women studies. Her teaching background lies in the areas of history of Italian theater and opera, the Italian risorgimento: history and literature, the Italian novel, modern and contemporary Italian poetry, and Dante.
Antonella Valoroso believes teaching undergraduates is not only immensely satisfying on a personal and professional level but also an animating force in her own research interests. She could not imagine research without teaching, as the interaction of perspectives particular to a dynamic classroom fuels the intellectual curiosity necessary to quality research. Her idea of a successful classroom is one in which students feel challenged by sophisticated thinking but comfortable enough to enjoy a free exchange of ideas. She enjoys working with students of diverse talents, abilities and backgrounds, and takes pride in motivating them to do their best work, develop and strengthen their critical thinking.
- ISLA 498: Independent Study – Latin II
- SOIT 360i: Contemporary Italy: Culture, Society, and Trends
- CESP 352: Museum Studies: Seminar and Practicum
- CWIT 340: Italian Tales and Stories: Creative Writing Through Literary Models (Summer)
- CWIT 340: Italian Tales and Stories: Creative Writing Through Literary Models
- SOIT 360: Contemporary Italy: Culture, Society, and Trends
- HOIT 400: Constructing a National Identity – History, Culture, Art, and Society in 19th Century Italy