The most enterprising students choose to study in Perugia for its immersive Italian and international university-life experience. We thrive on diversity. But for some students determined to study abroad with Umbra, finding the right combination of courses that satisfy their personal interests, career goals, and graduation requirements is not always easy.
To expand the scope of our academic program and appeal to a more diverse variety of students and majors, Umbra has partnered with the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) to offer the new e-Courses program which offers a unique array of distance learning courses to supplement our traditional in-class offerings.
e-Courses offer self-paced, fully accredited online classes that allow students to study outside the confines of a classroom. Nonetheless, the academic integrity, workload, and time required are the same as the traditional Umbra courses.
- Courses are taught completely online through Blackboard
- Courses start and end the same dates as regular Umbra courses
- Midterms and Finals follow the Umbra calendar
- All Exams are proctored by Umbra faculty or staff
- Umbra monitors progress with periodic check-ins with e-Courses Program Coordinator
- Umbra e-Courses Program Coordinator and support staff are available when needed
- Courses, grades and credits appear on the semester grade report
- All courses are accredited by the University of Mississippi
To ensure students gain the full benefit of the semester study abroad experience, students are permitted to take ONE e-Courses online class as part of their traditional semester offerings.
The flexibility of the e-Courses classes courses requires self-motivation and discipline. management is crucial. The e-Courses Program Coordinator meets with students regularly to ensure that they begin their online courses promptly, adhere to the course schedule, and proceed at a steady pace. All exams, midterms, and finals are proctored.