Philippa Stannard - M.F.A.
Registered Art Therapist
M.F.A. in Photography, Video, and Installation Art, Florida State University
B.A. in Ceramics and Photography, Stetson University
Teaching since 2001
The photographs of Philippa Stannard, MFA, have been published and exhibited in Europe, United States and China. Recent awards include First Place in the Street Photography and Cityscapes category in the 7th Edition of the Julia Margaret Cameron Award for Women Photographers, the Jurors Choice Award at the PH21 Gallery in Budapest, Hungary, and the Photobook Award at the Davis Orton Gallery in Hudson, New York. Publications include f-stop magazine and Feature Shoot, as well as a self-published book La Dolce Vista, in collaboration with her friend and former photography professor, Betty Press.
Philippa loves experiencing new cultures and traveling off the beaten path. Her journeys include traveling solo in China where she lived with nomads and experienced the open-hearted hospitality of complete strangers. Philippa is also an accomplished cook and certified sommelier. She is currently studying at the Pro-Civitate Christiana in Assisi to become a certified Art Therapist.
Philippa believes that teaching is a two-way street: her goal is to encourage a hands-on, open learning environment, with dialogue and discussion. She always tells her students, “It’s my job to teach you to the best of my ability; it’s your job to tell me if there is something you don’t understand.”
- ARTH 260: Ceramics Traditions in Umbria and Central Italy (Summer)
- PSYC 250: Art Therapy
- COMM 230: Visual Communication: Storytelling through Photography
- ARTH 260: Ceramics Traditions in Umbria and Central Italy
- ART 260: Ceramics Traditions in Umbria and Central Italy
- ART 250: Art Therapy
- ART 230: Visual Communication: Storytelling through Photography
- ART 215: Photography: Portfolio of Perugia
- ART 260: Ceramics Traditions in Umbria and Central Italy (Summer)
- ART 215: Photography: Portfolio of Perugia (Summer)