Full-Time: Marketing & Communication Assistant
The Marketing & Communication Assistant is responsible for managing Academic Centers Abroad’s (ACA) online presence in support of partner relations and student recruitment, under the direction of the US University Relations & Marketing Development Coordinator. This position is based in the US, near Falls Church, VA, and the appropriate candidate should be willing and able to travel to domestic and international locations.
Within the first year of being hired, the US University Relations Assistant will need to spend at least 2 weeks in Perugia (the Umbra Institute) and 1 week in Florence (ISI Florence). During this time, they will be given projects designed to help them get to know the intricacies of each institute so that they can properly represent institute structure and activities when responding to inquiries, applications, or in-person questions during university visits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Umbra Institute and ACA social media efforts (including posts, ads, ad analysis).
- Conduct occasional university visits during fall and spring study abroad fair seasons (various locations across the US).
- Design promotional material (posters, brochures, PPTs, landing pages) or work directly with designer to coordinate a creative image of ACA.
- Facilitate post-acceptance Skype call sessions for incoming Umbra students.
- Assist in initiatives designed to seek out new US partners for ACA (may involve market analysis, contacting university offices, etc.)
- Assist in various marketing, recruitment, and university relations activities.
- Collaborate with the ACA institutes closely to promote enrollment increases.
- (Preferred) Video, media, and graphic design tasks.
- (Preferred) Knowledge of programming basics or can work with IT management and technology development (for mobile and stationary platforms).
The ideal candidate will be independently motivated with a strong interest in international education and experience working in Study Abroad. Knowledge of Italy and the Italian language is a plus but not needed. A Master’s degree is preferred but not necessary. The candidate should have strong verbal, written, and organizational skills (public speaking and presentation) and be seeking a long-term position. Experience with graphic design and/or videography a strong plus.
The candidate must have a working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe, and Microsoft products.
The applicant is expected to have some prior experience in marketing, preferably in the marketing of education or similar services.
Applicant must be willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule when traveling and be able to drive within the US.
Applicant must be eligible to work within the US as ACA will not sponsor work visas or assist with US immigration.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com